Responsible for the assessment of spiritual and religious needs of the patient and family and for arranging for the provision of spiritual and religious support in accordance with the wishes of the patient and family. Supports the Provider Relations activities of the organization.
You appreciate our team approach to hospice care as a Spiritual Care Coord (FT/EX) at AseraCare Hospice. That’s because you know how to provide the best care to our patients and their families. Rather than treating the disease, we treat the whole person and that’s why it’s so important to have an expansive support network. So by providing support in your area of expertise, you will make a meaningful contribution to quality hospice care. Use your talent to make a difference today a Spiritual Care Coord (FT/EX) at AseraCare Hospice with a wide variety of responsibilities each and every day.
Are you ready to offer your expertise and experience to assist our objectives? You’ll work to optimize customer satisfaction during these invaluable moments. Ideal Spiritual Care Coord (FT/EX) candidates should also have:
Discipline - Select All That Apply Professional Other
* A degree in ministry, psychology, theology, or counseling from an accredited college, university, or divinity school is recommended unless a State regulation deems it as a requirement to participate or for audit purposes. Professional experience in a religious agency or institution may be considered in lieu of a formalized education.
* At least one year of supervised experience in a medical, educational, or religious agency or institution- Hospice/Home Health experience preferred.
* CPR certified.
* Minimum of five years’ progressive experience such as working with death and dying, providing comfort in an interfaith setting to individual/family/caregiver.
* Experience in recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers preferred.
* Must have 24-hour access to a motor vehicle and maintain personal auto liability insurance coverage.
* Must have valid driver’s license.
* Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-offer drug test and pass post-employment physical exam if required.
* Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of and commitment to Hospice Philosophy of care; accepts different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs and values.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
* Must be able to relate professionally and positively with the agency’s interdisciplinary team, corporate staff and to work cooperatively with other employees at all levels.
Compassion. Integrity. Quality. As AseraCare Hospice professionals, supporting our team to help our patients and their families to feel as comfortable as possible is at the heart of everything we do. We believe hospice care is a journey, not a place. Partnering with the patients’ personal physicians to alleviate their physical discomfort, we provide emotional, spiritual and bereavement support to both them and their families. As one of the nation’s premier providers of hospice services, we provide a full range of hospice career opportunities. If you share our approach to delivering personalized, quality hospice care, we can meet your passion with more opportunities for professional advancement in a growth-based environment that will reward you for your performance.
1117 Perimeter Center West Suite N500
Golden Living and its Family of Companies ("the Company") is committed to a diverse workforce. For detailed information on your rights, click here. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Human Resources Service Center at 800-261-3467 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. The affirmative action plan will be made available for applicants to review M - F, from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Please contact the location leader to schedule. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status. Equal Employment Opportunity