Under the direct supervision of a registered nurse, provides personal care for the patient and assists with activities of daily living. Supports the Provider Relations activities of the organization.
As a Home Health-Hospice Aide at AseraCare Hospice, you know hospice care is a journey, not an end. That's why you'll nurture our patients, providing comprehensive support to make life easier. Partnering with AseraCare spiritual care coordinators, social workers and counselors, you'll empower family members and other caregivers to work with patients, enacting a team approach to care on every level. Each day, you will provide personal care, assist with mobility, and maintain a clean and comfortable living environment. Patients' individual care plans will be a constant focus as you set high standards and go to any length to ensure the most peaceful experience for all. You know how hard life can be during these times for patients and their families.
We are seeking individuals with a minimum of one year of experience who are independent, accountable, and can think on their feet in an ever-changing environment. Ideal Home Health-Hospice Aide candidates should also have:
Discipline - Select All That Apply CNA/Aide
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Must be certified by the state as a home health aide from an approved training program as required by state and federal regulations.
* Successfully completes the agency Home Health Aide Competency Exam.
* Maintains CPR certification.
* Must have 24-hour access to a motor vehicle and maintain personal auto liability insurance coverage.
* Must maintain a valid driver's license.
* Must pass post-offer drug test and pass post-employment physical exam if required.
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
* Must be able to read and write English.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
* Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with other employees at all levels.
* Must possess computer skills at a level necessary to accomplish the job
As AseraCare Hospice professionals, helping our patients and their families to feel as comfortable as possible during a stressful and emotional time is at the heart of everything we do. We believe the hospice care journey is about compassion, commitment, and dignity. Partnering with our patients' personal physicians, we work to minimize pain and provide emotional and spiritual guidance for patients and their families as they prepare for change. As one of the nation's premier providers of hospice services, we offer a full range of hospice career opportunities. If you share our approach to delivering personalized, quality hospice care, we can deliver the independence, rewards and clinical excellence you want from your career!
300 Penn Center Blvd Suite 602
Golden Living and its Family of Companies ("the Company") is committed to a diverse workforce. For detailed information on your rights, click here. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Human Resources Service Center at 800-261-3467 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. The affirmative action plan will be made available for applicants to review M - F, from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Please contact the location leader to schedule. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Equal Employment Opportunity