Responsible for the day-to-day management of patient care activities and supervision of clinical staff. Participates in quality improvement program and the evaluation of nursing and other clinical services. Supports the Provider Relations and volunteer activities of the organization.
As a Patient Care Coordinator at AseraCare Hospice, you'll be responsible for daily management of nursing and patient care. Rather than treating the disease, you'll focus your staff's efforts on the whole person. With so many relying on your clinical leadership, direction and supervision, you'll help our patients live life to the fullest. You'll be an advocate for patients and families, maintaining existing programs and creating new ones to meet their special needs. Provide invaluable support for our patients and families during these difficult but significant moments in their lives as a Patient Care Coordinator by performing a wide variety of daily responsibilities.
You're dedicated to the patients and families who will rely on your unique skills is evident every day. Whether it's a friendly face for them to talk to or someone with the knowledge and expertise to answer their questions, you'll be there for the entire journey. Ideal Patient Care Coordinator candidates should also have:
Discipline - Select All That Apply Nurse Management
* Registered nurse with a current state license
* Minimum two (2) years experience as staff nurse in an acute care hospital or home health agency
* Minimum one (1) year supervisory experience
* Must have 24-hour access to a reliable motor vehicle and must maintain a valid driver's license and maintain automobile insurance that complies with state and company regulations
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
Preferred Qualifications "
* Ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in a home setting
* Skilled in nursing practices
* Ability to cope with family emotional stress
* Tolerant of individual lifestyles
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
* Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels
* Must possess computer skills at a level necessary to accomplish the job
As AseraCare Hospice professionals, helping our patients and their families to feel as comfortable as possible during a stressful and emotional time is at the heart of everything we do. We believe the hospice care journey is about compassion, commitment, and dignity. Partnering with our patients' personal physicians, we work to minimize pain and provide emotional and spiritual guidance for patients and their families as they prepare for change. As one of the nation's premier providers of hospice services, we offer a full range of hospice career opportunities. If you share our approach to delivering personalized, quality hospice care, we can deliver the independence, rewards and clinical excellence you want from your career!
411 Eagleview Blvd Suite 114
Golden Living and its Family of Companies ("the Company") is committed to a diverse workforce. For detailed information on your rights, click here In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Human Resources Service Center at 800-261-3467 or via email at email@example.com for assistance. The affirmative action plan will be made available for applicants to review M - F, from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Please contact the location leader to schedule. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.